You may have noticed that one of our main ingredients is raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar. This is also one of our most valuable ingredients for a number of reasons. It is said that the use of apple cider vinegar for cosmetic purposes can be traced back to the Romans! It is in almost all of our products, but what makes apple cider vinegar so great?
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Stimulates scalp to promote hair growth
- Cleanses hair without stripping natural oils
- Removes build-up from chemical products
- Helps hair retain moisture for better conditioning
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties to help with flaky and itchy scalps
- Closes the hair cuticle allowing for shine and fewer tangles
Try an Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse
One thing we recommend during the detox period is an apple cider vinegar hair rinse in addition to the shampoo. This helps get rid of extra build-up and oils on the hair and scalp. We recommend doing the hair rinse once or twice a week during your detox period.
You will want to shampoo as normal and then apply the apple cider vinegar hair rinse. You want to leave it on the hair for at least a few minutes before rinsing out. You can also leave it in your hair overnight! If you leave it in, it will help prevent tangles. Since it restores your scalp’s pH level, it will also help and prevent an itchy scalp.
Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse Recipe
- 1/4 cup to 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups water
* If your hair is dry, use less apple cider vinegar. If your hair is more on the oily side, use more apple cider vinegar.*
Skip the Guesswork With Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
Morrocco Method apple cider vinegar shampoo is packed with the same nutrients that make ACV so good for you, plus other ingredients that give your scalp the nutrition it needs.