Love ‘dem dreads!
When wearing dreadlocks, dreads or locs, which are all the same, the hair is allowed to grow in its natural state without combing. If you already have dreadlocks, hopefully you are wearing them with your natural hair rather than artificial hair, which are not permanent dreads.
If you started your dreads correctly, you will not have a problem with thinning and breaking. We highly suggest NO use of chemicals or synthetic-based products of ANY kind. These types of products collect excess dirt, build up, sit at the base of your dreads and in due course cause damage to ones scalp and hair.
- The hair should be washed once a week or whenever needed and oiled.Although dreadlocks are restricted for getting blood and air into ones scalp, all the same, caring for dreadlocks is very simple:
- The ends of dreads should be trimmed at least every 2 months. I suggest not allowing the dreads to grow too long, as dreads “hang” better and will not break or cause damage to the top of one’s hair.
When washing your dreads try using Morrocco Method’s rotation of shampoos. These will help balance your scalp and hair chemistry to eliminate excessive oiliness or extremely dry hair. MM developed five shampoos, formulated according to the five elements which constitute, in varying degrees, the essence of every living thing in the universe:
Although all of our shampoos cleanse, detoxify, nourish and stimulate blood flow to hair and scalp, each one delivers a particular treatment:
- As a result of overtime the scalp and hair becomes unaffected when using only one shampoo, which in turn throws off the pH balance so make sure you’re rotating them weekly. Also, regular cleanings helps your hair and scalp maintain peak conditions.Air Essence nourishes and heals
- Earth Essence detoxifies
- Fire Essence stimulates blood flow
- Sea/ Water Essence cleanses
- Heavenly Chi energizes and conditions
After you have shampooed your dreads, oil them with Morrocco Method’s Euro Oil which will nourish them and keep them looking healthy and soft. This system along with a cut every two months will lead you to amazing dreadlocks that everyone will envy