Happy Independence Day! This weekend we take time to celebrate the hard working people who have dedicated their lives in one way or another to protect this wonderful nation! Today we celebrate Freedom!
Now, we know this usually means stuffing your face with Hot Dogs, Chips and other amazingly fatty foods…. but how about throwing in something healthy, tasty AND beneficial to your hair, scalp and skin? We’ve got a GREAT recipe for you along with a list of all the benefits that you might not have known existed.
This tasty treat is PERFECT for the 4th of July with it’s Red, White and Blue colors!
As you can see, this consists of Strawberries, Blueberries and a little whipped cream (which can be substituted with this Paleo Whipped Cream Recipe from our friend Arsy, with Rubies and Radishes.) But how do these delicious fruits benefit your hair and scalp? Well, let me tell you:
Let’s start with Blueberries!
- Blueberries provides fiber. What in the world does Fiber have to do with your skin? Blueberries are known to help flush yeast and toxins out of your body in a healthy way so that they don’t build up in your pores and cause acne and rashes!
- Blueberries are a great way to reduce signs of aging with antioxidants. This super fruit is a great source of Antioxidants which help to prevent Free Radicals from causing damage to your skin and hair loss!
- Blueberries are chock full of Vitamin C. Vitamin C stimulates the production of sebum follicles, which supply your scalp with natural oil. When spread throughout the hair with a boar brush, sebum acts as a great, all natural conditioner!
Next up, Strawberries!
- Even more Vitamin C: Strawberries are ALSO full of Vitamin C! Did you know that Vitamin C can also help treat conditions like Dandruff?
- No more Fungus! Strawberries are rich with magnesium that can help prevent fungal growth on the scalp, keeping the pores clear and healthier so that new hair can grow!
- Strawberries supply Anthocyanins. Now this might sound like a foreign language to some people. In short, anthocyanins are the pigment that render strawberries red. This pigment also has UV protection powers! They work against Free Radicals to prevent skin damage from UV’s and pigmentation.
There you have it!
A tasty, Red, White and Blue treat that will help you celebrate this important day while getting health, hair and skin benefits! You can’t beat that right?