If you’ve decided to take the bold (and healthy) choice of transitioning to natural hair care products, let me start by welcoming you! Here at Morrocco Method we believe in all natural, raw, paleo products that not only cleanse hair but also deliver essential nutrients without all the harsh, toxic chemicals found in traditional shampoos and conditioners. We are so glad to have you on board to start your healthy hair journey!
We know that giving up ALL synthetic chemicals can seem like a huge change. That’s why we’re here to provide you with the support, tips, and tools to start and continue this journey.
The first thing you should know about when switching to all natural hair and skin care products is the detox process. Even switching from semi-natural products or the “No-Poo” method can produce detox symptoms while your hair rebalances the pH levels and pushes out the toxins from your scalp. For more information about what and why, read our blog dedicated to the Detox Process.
Which natural products are best for beginners?
If you’re completely new to Morrocco Method and aren’t sure which products to get, the best place to begin is with the 5 Element Shampoos. We recommend starting with all 5 shampoos and rotating shampoos each time you wash. The reasons for rotating shampoos are as follows:
- To provide your hair with as much nutrients as possible as it goes through the detox phase.
- To prevent your hair from building up a tolerance to just one shampoo.
- All of the elements work together to help make your hair as healthy as possible.
- To discover which products work best with your hair type.
We also have 6 different conditioners. You may or may not need a conditioner depending upon how your hair acts during the detox phase but it is always good to have them on hand to experiment with and use during different phases:
- Floating Lotus Conditioner: Lightest of the rinse out conditioners. This is great for average hair that just needs a little bit of hydration.
- Pearl Essence Creme Rinse: This is the heaviest of the rinse out conditioners and is perfect for those with extremely dry hair.
- Diamond Crystal Mist: This leave-in conditioner mist aids with dry hair during the day or when you are between shampoos when you really need a boost of moisture!
- Sapphire Volumizer Mist: The lightest of the spray mists, this helps gives you hair volume while lightly conditioning during the day and in between washes.
- Euro Oil: Our Euro Oil is an amazing multi-use product. Not only does it make for a great scalp conditioning treatment for those of you with incredibly dry scalps but you can also use it as a lip moisturizer and a skin moisturizer!
The 6th conditioner that we have is called the Zen Detox. Although I mentioned earlier that conditioners are optional, this product is crucial to the detox process. Formulated mainly from bentonite and montmorillonite clay, this hair mask extracts toxins, metals and synthetic chemicals from the scalp, clearing the pores for new hair growth! For first-time users of Morrocco Method, this product should be used once a week for the first 3 weeks and then once again with each different season.
If your hair becomes too oily or dry, brush daily with a Boar Bristle Brush
We highly recommend brushing with a Boar Bristle Brush. Boar’s hair is the most similar product to human hair. Because of this, boar’s hair has the innate ability of absorbing natural sebaceous oils (sebum). The bristles then spread the abosrbed oils from the rest of the hair, conditioning and moisturizing the dry ends while alleviating the oily roots and follicles.
Daily massages with one of our scalp massagers can also stimulate new hair growth by increasing blood flow in the scalp. This aids in promoting better circulation and sebaceous oil production.
Other things to know when transitioning to natural products…
- Our shampoos do not sud or foam. This can make it a bit tough to spread through the hair. We recommend diluting the shampoos with a 50/50 ratio of water. (Be sure to only dilute what you are going to use each time. Keep an empty trial size bottle to mix in. Do not mix water into the shampoo bottles themselves, as that can breed bacteria.)
- The detox is temporary. It can be rough, but the results are so worth it. Time spans can range any from 2 weeks to 12 months, depending on your specific hair type.
- Using chemical products in conjunction with natural products can prolong the detox process. The best and fastest way to heal damaged hair is to completely switch to natural hair care products. This includes styling products, dyes and gels, which is why MM provides a whole range of natural alternatives, such as our Styling Gel, Pomade, Facial Scrub and Henna Hair Dyes!
- The Healthy Hair Starter Package is the perfect place for beginners to start!
- If you sign up for our Healthy Hair Club, you will receive weekly coupons and a first time 10% off coupon just for joining!
- We’re always here for you. If you have questions or need support, you can email into email@example.com or visit our “Contact Us” page. For more information, check out our Article and Video libraries, as well as our FAQ’s.
I hope all of this information has been helpful and has empowered you to get going on this journey!!!